Inauguration Ceremony of Lyallpur Art & Craft Village, adjacent to Chenab Club Road Faisalabad, by the Chief Minister of Punjab on 25 August 2020
Pakistan Model High School was originally a Gurdwara constructed in 1911. It was converted to school after partition in 1947. The building of the school is good in strength but requires some preservation works like removal of damaged bricks, lime plaster application etc.
Lyallpur Heritage Foundation was established to revive heritage, culture and traditions of “LYALLPUR” (Currently Faisalabad). Lyallpur Heritage Foundation is working to make a positive impact in the District of Faisalabad. Keeping in view the heritage of National and International repute, following structures, buildings and towns located in the District of Faisalabad, was declared as heritage […]
District Council, also known as Zila Council, was built in by the British Government in early 1900. Presently this building is functioning as an office for various government departments. Its preservation is under progress.
The old bungalow at Deputy Commissioner House is known as Lyallpur House built by the British Government in 1909 as officer’s residence. In early 1980’s this building was considered not to be used as the structure of the building was weakened. In 2014, this building was restored by District Coordination Officer Faisalabad Mr. Noor-ul-Amin Mengal.
St. Peter’s Church was built in 1913 by the British Government. The structural condition of the building is good. Its preservation and restoration was done by District Administration in 2014 which includes minor repair works, scrapping, pointing and painting.
Kaisery Gate was built as an entrance for Queen Victoria when she was on a visit to Lyallpur in 1897. It is located at the outer side, as an entrance, of Rail Bazar. Some portion from the base of this gate was broken down by the shopkeepers to widen their shops. This gate is also […]